Lanvin, the oldest French fashion house
THE BLUE LIGHT SEASON
L'automne ou la saison de la lumière bleue
Le changement d’heures, les vacances de la Toussaint, les jours qui raccourcissent sont autant de signes pour annoncer la saison de la lumière bleue.
Nous rentrons du travail, les enfants de l'école, il est 17 heures, le soleil se couche déjà, la nuit approche. Contrairement aux longues soirées d'été passées à l'extérieur, l'automne et l'hiver nous renvoient à l'intérieur de nos maisons en tête à tête avec nos différents écrans, sources...
Anti-fatigue gaming glasses
Every day we spend more than 8 hours in front of a screen , which is already a lot, you might say. From the morning we look at our mobile phone then the computer at work, the television at home, the smartphone in transport, the tablet, the e-reader ... But some people sometimes spend even more time on the screens in playing video games . This is the gaming community.
We call " Gamers " a person passionate about video games and playing them regularly. Some practice it as hobbies, others make it their job by participating in E-sport competitions. But 4 out of 10 Gamers report suffering from visual fatigue in front of a screen, which can be detrimental not only to vision, but can also reduce performance during competitions.
The problem being that the screens emit a bluish light that is harmful to our eyesight . Indeed, the artificial light of the screens presents peaks of blue light also called HEV (High Energy Visible) which leads, for the less lucky, to quite terrible migraines and headaches, which can disrupt daily life, for others this will simply be a loss of concentration, itchy eyes and visual fatigue.
ONE MISSION: SAVE GAMERS
To preserve your sight , the ideal is to wear anti-blue light glasses . These glasses are equipped with innovative lenses that filter 100% UV and harmful blue light from screens . It is an innovative technology based on a monomer that blocks blue wavelengths. These lenses are equipped with an anti-reflective coating for optimal comfort. This glass is not likely to be altered over time. It is therefore enough to have a pair of anti-blue light glasses to guarantee your view in front of the screens. In addition, thanks to this innovative technology, you preserve your eyes in the long term . Fewer damaged retinal cells less chance of developing AMD (age-related macular degeneration) in the future. Anti-blue light computer glasses are ideal for anyone who spends hours in front of a screen to play games.
Gamers who put a lot of strain on their near vision and have a great need for concentration wear them with pleasure. They are ideal for them: after several hours on screens wearing blue light blocking glasses you will notice an improvement in your concentration and this will increase your performance .
THE VARIONET SOLUTION
The Cool Blue Relax glasses are the special anti-blue light glasses at Varionet . They are ideal for 18-40 year olds . Their price is 45€ and they are available in black, blue and tortoiseshell. They will relieve your eyes and eliminate that feeling of fatigue at the end of a day spent in front of the screens.
These are the anti-fatigue gaming glasses you need!
For a timeless style, adopt CHLOÉ glasses
Chloé, a pioneering brand !
Chloé is a French brand created by Gaby Aghion in 1952 to dress modern and active women.
Chloé combines the requirements of haute couture with those of ready-to-wear. It is the precursor of luxury ready-to-wear. Her clothes are supple, Mediterranean-inspired with natural, fluid and refined colors. Beautiful silk, lace or chiffon fabrics are used for original models.
Why blue light blocking glasses for computer work?
2019, A year without blue light! Cool Blue anti-blue light glasses for 100% protection
Every day in France and whatever the age, almost 70% of us spend at least 7 hours in front of our screens: computer at work, television at home, smartphone in transport, tablet, e-reader etc... And many suffer eyestrain during the day. For the less fortunate, rather terrible migraines and headaches can disrupt daily life, while for others it will simply be a loss of concentration, itchy eyes... To remedy this, Varionet opticians offer anti-blue light and anti-UV glasses which eliminate on average 30% of harmful blue light waves from screens, computer glasses Cool Blue™ .
Cool Blue™ blue light blocking glasses
By filtering part of the toxic blue light, Cool Blue™ glasses make your days easier: less visual fatigue, eye stress and headaches, eyes... and falling asleep becomes easier again, especially in children , teens...
Good to know:
Varionet's Cool Blue™ anti-blue light glasses are equipped with specific anti-reflective lenses to reduce disorders related to harmful waves of the blue light during face work to the screens . In addition, thanks to this innovative technology, they preserve your eyes in the long term. Fewer damaged retinal cells less chance of developing AMD (age-related macular degeneration) in the future.
The Cool Blue screen glasses promise real relief to better understand long periods under blue light in order to be able to work in a more agreable on the screens. The pain and various disorders caused by blue light will definitely be a thing of the past thanks to the Cool Blue™ lens.
“Cool Blue” computer glasses, for whom?
Anti-blue light computer glasses are ideal for anyone who spends hours in front of a screen to play or work. Students who put a lot of strain on their near vision and have a great need for concentration wear them with pleasure.
- For 18-40 year olds they are available with anti-reflective lenses; these glasses are recommended for people under 40 who do not have visual defect (myopia, astigmatism or farsightedness ) but who suffer from visual fatigue. They are also found under the name of anti-fatigue glasses, resting glasses, comfort glasses, gaming glasses....
- For the over 40s in presbyopia glasses . They offer you a clear and comfortable vision for reading, writing, playing from 30 cm to more than 1 m... All our presbyopia glasses are equipped with degressive lenses offering a large field of vision, ideal for screens.
To start the new school year off right
Conseils pour un Bien-être visuel pour une bonne rentrée étudiante.
Votre bien-être visuel est la condition sine qua non de votre réussite étudiante ? Voici quelques conseils pour bien commencer votre année scolaire.
Préparer son bien-être visuel avant la rentrée
Eyesight in teenagers and young adults
The visual health of young people
According to ASNAV , the national association for the improvement of sight, young people aged between 16 and 24 spend at least 8 hours a day in front of screens : Computer, phone, tablet, television, sources of harmful blue light . This is also the consequence of one of the vision problems of this population .
Vision problems in 16/24 year olds
4 out of 10 young people report suffering from eyestrain in front of a screen. Of the painful ailments such as migraines, stiff necks, itchy eyes, back pain and even difficulty concentrating are the consequences of the blue light emitted by screens. Spending 1/3 of a day on different screens such as tablet, telephone, computer and television, it is now important that they equip themselves in order to fight against this visual discomfort .
Computer glasses for young people
This young population, mainly still student , cannot afford to ignore the computer to protect her eyesight. In fact, many young people currently take their lessons on a computer or tablet and continue to work on them in the evenings and on weekends. This is why it is important to equip them well so that he regains visual comfort and concentration.
Varionet eyeglasses fitted with Cool Blue lenses from €29.90
Varionet.com offers blue light blocking glasses at low prices equipped with new technology glasses. Indeed, MAVU opticians have developed a lens that filters 100% of UV rays and 30% of blue light emitted by screens . This allows you to find visual well-being while remaining fashionable because the online optical store offers brands like Ray-Ban , Calvin Klein or even Tom Ford and all that unbeatable prices.
These computer glasses have a very low correction, they are suitable for people with no visual defects or contact lens wearers .
Articles with the same subject:
– blue light hazard
– Gamer and vision
What costume to wear with glasses?
Only one week left to prepare your Halloween costume! Varionet offers you a large collection of anti-blue light glasses and sunglasses that you can use as a key part of your costume, but also keep and use in everyday life.
TOP 5 eyeglasses 2017
Here is a selection of some fashionable eyeglasses or reading glasses for everyone:
1/ Pantos prescription eyeglasses are still #1.
These Eleven Paris glasses are elegant acetate frames ideal for both men and women of all ages. Pantos glasses are also available as sunglasses .
2/ The timeless style of Versace glasses : "cat's eye" glasses in colored acetate for women, these elegant frames are ideal for holidays as well as for everyday work in front of your screen.
3/ Varionet polarized sunglasses with modern shapes, current for everyone. These TR90 frames are very light. With their sporty and dynamic look, they are practical and comfortable and will protect you from glare and reverberation.
4/ Oakley Shovel eyeglasses for men. These frames combine robustness, comfort and elegance. These glasses offer performance for both athletes and people working in an office.
5/ Ray-ban Aviator glasses or similar pilot -shaped eyeglasses are still popular. A classic model, these frames are available as reading glasses, resting glasses or sunglasses. A medium size frame is an excellent choice for both men and women.
Never lose your reading glasses again!
Anti-blue light treatment: COOL BLUE
A few words about blue light
Every day, we spend more time in front of various digital tools: at work on PCs, in the metro and transport with our phones or at home with the computer and tablets and all under LED lamps. The hours pass and we submit our eyes to blue light rays and parasitic reflections emitted by the screens; these cause many ailments (migraine, itchy eyes, back pain, etc.). According to numerous medical studies, these disorders come from the blue light HEV (High Energy Visible) which is emitted by the LED lights of digital screens. This blue light is the most harmful of the light spectrum and causes long-term damage to the eye and vision.
The problems of artificial light on the body
In addition to blurring vision and creating hard-to-manage ailments, blue light disrupts the sleep cycle. Indeed if you read on a tablet/reader in the evening before going to bed, it will prevent you from falling asleep, which will cause you: Difficult night, fatigue, irritability and difficulty concentrating the next day...
The solution to fight effectively: The “Cool Blue” treatment
However, there are ways to reduce these harmful effects on our vision and our body and improve our well-being: reduce the use of our telephones, computer, television, tablet and equip ourselves with an accessory that will effectively fight against that harmful blue light.
Varionet opticians have understood that it is almost impossible to live without this technology which accompanies us and makes our daily life easier. That's why they developed the "Cool Blue" glass. Computer glasses equipped with this high-performance anti-reflective block artificial blue light from screens and UV rays. Thanks to its design, the Cool Blue™ anti-blue light glasses allow you to regain visual comfort and work in complete serenity.
You will find the Cool Blue™ treatment onrest glasses for 18-39 year olds or on reading glasses for presbyopes after 40-45 years old.
The detailed glasses fitting procedure
Fitting the glasses
When you place an order for presbyopia glasses, rest glasses or prescription glasses on our website www.varionet.com, we check the frame and the lenses to see if there are any manufacturing problems: defective welding, damaged acetate plastic, surface treatment of the lenses, no scratches... Then we proceed with the assembly and then the shipment .
Glasses mounting procedure
– Pointing glasses : whether it is a decreasing lens or a rest lens, we will check, using a fronto-focusometer, that the power of the lens corresponds to your order or your prescription and mark the optical center of the lens.
– Frame probing : this operation is done with a probe which will be inserted in the bezel of the frame to scan the shape of the 2 circles on the right and on the left. For nylor or drilled frames, we will only feel the caliber of a lens.
– Centering and suction : the feeler is connected to a centering device on which the shape of the mount is displayed. We record the different parameters to be taken into account: client's pupillary distance, mounting height, type of lens, frame, type of grinding to be performed... we can thus position the lens correctly and suction it using a mounting suction cup and a double-sided sticker for trimming.
– Lens grinding : with a machine equipped with different wheels (one for each material) we proceed to the size of the lenses. All previously recorded data is transmitted to the machine. She checks that the diameter, the thickness of the glass allow this step. The glass will go over a roughing wheel and then over a finishing wheel with finer grains depending on its material.
Depending on the mount chosen, the grinding will not be the same:
- bevel for fully rimmed frames
- creasing for semi-rim frames with nylon thread or metallic thread
- flat bevel for rimless frames
The lens is shaped like the frame.
– Counter-bevel : We make a counter-bevel with a hand finishing wheel. The goal is to break the edges of the glass so that it is not sharp and this avoids unsightly splinters.
– Assembly : The mounting of the lenses is different depending on the material of the eyeglasses:
- for plastic frames : we heat the glasses in order to soften the material and to be able to clip the glasses on it.
- for metal frames: we check that the curvature of the metal circle is identical to that of the lens and using a screwdriver, we open the frame to position the lenses.
- for nylon frames: with a plastic tab, we catch the nylon thread in order to insert it into the groove of the glass.
- for drilled frames: with a precision drill we drill the mounting holes and then we mount the branches and bridge with screwdriver, screw and nut with plastic chimneys.
- Verification : the assembly is finished, we iron the glasses on the focimeter in order to check the powers and the centering of the glasses.
- Repair : after mounting the frames are often a little deformed; it is a question of checking that the lenses are in the same plane, the temples and plates symmetrical, that the glasses close correctly.
- Cleaning : last operation to remove all fingerprints, marks on the glasses…
And here are your reading or resting glasses ready for delivery!